2nd July 2014, (Half Day from 9.00am-12.30pm)
Hotel Cambodiana, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Cambodian Labour Confederation (CLC), the Co-Applicant, is an independent, democratic, confederation that and includes 8 affiliates and around 92,274 members. CLC’s vision is a democratic Cambodian society that respects human rights, fundamental freedoms, equal rights between men and women, as well as good living conditions for all Cambodians. Its objectives include the promotion and protection of Core Labour Standards, with particular emphasis on promoting the right of workers to form unions or - if such is not possible - associations, to engage in collective bargaining.
On July 02 in the morning, CLC and CNV Internationaal will conduct the Kick-off Conference to launch the project and spread out the information about its goals and intended results. The project involves issues around advocacy and promotion for the rights of women workers, the right of young workers, and promotion of core labour standards in Cambodian–towards a decent job for Cambodian workers.
- Introduce the EU project.
- Launching new project and spreads out the news about what the project will do.
- When does the project start and finish?
- Who are the partners of the project?
- How to cooperate in the project and who are the target groups for promoting core labour standards in Cambodia, on the way to a decent job for all Cambodian workers?
3. Expected results:
- The EU project will be launched.
- The participants will get more understanding about EU project. (Goal: to promote core labour standards in Cambodian –towards a decent job for Cambodian workers)
75 participants from CLC affiliates, CLC staff, international NGOs and other (international institutions that are working in relation to our vision.
5. Kick-off Conference date and venue:
2nd July, 2014 at Hotel Cambodiana, Phnom Penh, Cambodia